- In the event that movie shows any recognizable living patients and/or recognizable personal statistics, writers want to demonstrate that permission happens to be obtained. In case a consent that is patient had been given to the relevant article, there’s no necessity to give you this once again when it comes to video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Frequently they are standard options from your own modifying computer pc software. a comprehensive guide is available from the vimeo internet site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account from the Hightail web site. Please are the journal’s name along with your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your video clip to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten because of the time which you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that in the event that you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All video clip abstracts is supposed to be assessed for suitability by the editorial group and book is certainly not assured. In a few instances editors may request edits into the video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article online and additionally posted individually in the journal’s YouTube channel. These are typically posted underneath the exact exact same copyright terms since the associated article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers may also decide to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and that is white GBP 250. There aren’t any distribution, web web page or colour that is online-only fees.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please click on this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 data policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available as quickly as possible, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. All research articles must contain a Data Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the author that is submitting enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs is supposed to be good for the entire research community.
Please find more details about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind requirements such as the necessary article lengths, pictures, table restrictions and guide counts. Your message count excludes the name web web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts ought to be since succinct as you possibly can.
For further help when creating your distribution please relate to the resources available from the BMJ Author Hub. Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the peer review process and advertising your paper. You might also need to utilize the language modifying and interpretation solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be at the most 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, references, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sporadically be produced to the, especially in the scenario of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in general shorter documents could be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits associated with the instance for extended documents for a basis that is case-by-case but papers much longer than 5000 terms will never be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the suggested length limitations, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the area limits associated with the log.
Authors will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the messages that are key the study the following:
- What’s currently understood about this topic. In 2 or three solitary phrase bullet points please summarise their state of systematic knowledge about this subject. Be clear and certain, not obscure.
- just exactly What essential gaps in knowledge occur about this subject.
- Exactly just What this research adds. In one single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we now understand because of this research that individuals didn’t understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
recommendations: no limitation, but be sure to use recommendations only as required
this short article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are smaller variations of initial articles, must not surpass 1500 terms, and will add one dining table or figure.
This informative article type is subject to internal and peer review that is external.
Letter research that is(original
Research letters meant for publication should really be no more than 500 terms, 10 sources, plus one dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted within the journal should really be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered when you look at the text of a write-up. They ought to have name, a methods that are brief, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.
Unique communications are documents which do not report initial research information but which supply a discussion, analysis, or post on a specific topic. Generally speaking these ought to be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer analysis the literary works, frequently concerning a specific topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, ought to include an abstract utilizing the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports for the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of a maximum of 250 terms beneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract has to start having a exact declaration of this main goal associated with review. The main focus with this declaration ought to be directed by if the review emphasises facets such as for example cause, behavior, intervention, population, or avoidance. It must consist of information on the population that is specific intervention, visibility, and test or outcome this is certainly being evaluated.
- Information sources – a summary that is succinct of sources must certanly be provided, including any moment limitations. Possible sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and books, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In cases where a database that is bibliographic used, the actual indexing terms useful for article retrieval should really be stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or peoples topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to pick studies for detail by detail review from among studies defined as highly relevant to the subject. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The strategy accustomed apply these requirements ought to be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that met selection requirements must be stated.
- Information removal – tips useful for abstracting data and evaluating information quality and credibility (such as for instance criteria for causal inference) should really be described. The method through which the principles had been used should really be stated: for instance, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary outcomes of the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, must be stated. Methods utilized to acquire these outcomes must be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major results that had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes and in case feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes must be followed closely by self- self- confidence periods, if relevant, and precise degrees of statistical significance. Evaluations of assessment and diagnostic tests should deal with problems of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver characteristic that is operating, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications should really be plainly stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain for the review. The necessity for brand brand new studies could be recommended.
Term count: by negotiation, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.